We are no longer accepting applications for the 2017-2018 or 2018-2019 academic years. For 2019-2020, we anticipate accepting applications between February 1 and May 1, 2018.
Thank you for your interest in the advanced residency program in forensic psychiatry at the Yale School of Medicine, Department of Psychiatry.
To apply, please send the following documents to us at your convenience. We require the following information for your application file:
- YSOM Universal Application with 2.5"x2.5" color photo
- Personal Statement
- Current Curriculum Vitae
- Three (3) Letters of Recommendation from Residency Faculty and one (1) Letter of Recommendation from General Psychiatry Residency Program Director
- Official USMLE scores or certified copy of USMLE scores
- Copy of license from a state that requires passing of all USMLE Steps
- Copy of medical school diploma
- Official medical school transcript
- Dean's letter from your medical school (or verification letter from your medical school)
- Two (2) writing samples (preference for case write-ups or patient psych eval reports; journal articles authored/co-authored will be looked at, but prefer psych eval reports to review)
Please send the YSOM Universal Application and supporting documents to: Dr. Howard Zonana, Director of Training, Forensic Fellowship Program, Yale Law & Psychiatry Division, Connecticut Mental Health Center, 34 Park Street, Room 153, New Haven, CT 06519.
Thank you and please feel free to contact our offices if you have any questions.